Sunday, May 15, 2011

Look what I found!

Small blog update. I am a self-professed makeup JUNKIE. I am always looking for the next best thing. So, while scouring the aisles at Target (3 month old in tow)  (http://www.target.com/), I came upon a makeup gold mine. As I have previously stated, I am a bit of an E.L.F fan. The makeup is so reasonbly priced that you can stock your supply with LITERALLY spending less than $100 (See Eyes Lips Face Review on this blog) . Seeing E.L.F's newest summer release of makeup completely made my day, and while looking through everything, I decided to purchase this color palette: (http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/sets-and-palettes/palettes/beauty_book_eye_editions).





So, I rationalized my purchase as a much needed gift, from my husband (so.. maybe he didn't know he was purchasing it), to myself as I was about to celebrate my VERY first Mother's Day as a new mama.
 I am beyond pleased with this AMAZING palette. There are 3 choices: Smoky, Bright, and Neutral, I am always a fan of of bronzy warm tones, so I purchased the palette you see in the picture, which is the Neutral. There are twelve colors, an eyeliner, an eyeshadow brush, a small mirror and a tutorial if you aren't eyeshadow savvy. The best part? $5.00. You read that correctly $5.00. (My husband was VERY pleased with the price of his *ahem* purchase for me.)

To give you an idea of a comparable palette? MAC's customizable palette that includes 15 eyeshadow choices is $179.00 (http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/154/4280/Custom-Palette-Eye-Shadow-x-15/index.tmpl).

While I can certainly boast to MAC's pigment and longevity, I am not about to drop $179.00 on eyeshadow. I do, however, feel comfortable dropping $5.00 for a 12 eyeshadow palette. Use a primer, as I always say to do, and this eyeshadow WILL last you all day (tried and tested during a LONG day at the salon in the sweltering climate of Atlanta.... in May!)

 If you want to let me know what you think of the eyeshadows, or if you have any questions... Post a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment